Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 5 - The First Camp night

Washington D.C. to Bowling Green, VA

So if you look down a couple posts, you'll see Fran's small blurb about Day 5. What she failed to mention was that she balled it up! 82.35 miles in 5:33:00. NOT TO BAD! I'm so proud of her! She doing great, and tomorrow is a pretty light day. She started the day going down the eastern part of MD from D.C. and crossed the bay in VA. Around mile 20, she found a 4 leaf clover while pumping up her tires! Pretty lucky!

They had to get in the vans to cross the bridge - it didn't have a shoulder! But look at the water!


The bridge was after 50 miles. So only 34 miles to the camp site! which was pretty awesome. I mean, just look at the horse greeting you!
A pool, bathrooms, showers, WiFi, fire pits, pretty awesome. Fran chose a sweet potato and chicken for dinner. Good stuff, way to get those carbs!


2 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed reading your blog. It's so informative.

    I'm Sharon Tummins and I'm bike riding partners with Roy, Dave, and Fred. They have left Chuck and me back in hot, hot Texas--so please let us know how they are REALLY doing. We know we won't get the real story when they come home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. they've been great fun! They're trucking along just fine. I caught up to them today when they stopped for ice cream!

    ReplyDelete