Monday, June 15, 2009

HEY HEY HEY!!

Welcome to:   le Tour de FRAN!!! 

  This will be the story of my trip across the US of A, via bicycle.  I will be riding from NY to LA, leaving next Wednesday, June 25, arriving in LA August 21.  I am SOOOO nervous, but I am extremely excited as well. I've never attempted anything of this magnitude before, and I'm not going to act like it won't be the hardest thing I've ever done!! This ride I am doing with 41 other people, 42 total, for We Like Bike/42 Below Vodka/ Bicycle Film Festival. It is a "marketing tour" where we will be doing events along the way in major cities. We are starting in Newark, NJ and we will ride for a couple days and then split into 2 groups of 21 after Philly, a Northern route and a Southern route. 

  I'm on the Southern route, gonna holler at some friends/family in the dirty dirty!!! We are riding on average about 70 miles a day, the Northern route will be doing around 80 and going through the Rockies (because they're crazy!) but we'll take the heat and humidity! We will be camping about 70-75% of the time and we'll have a SAG vehicle carrying our stuff and water. I am going to set up my account so that I can blog from the iPhone, they'll probably be short and sweet, but I will try to have my BFF report in for me via the MacBook, I'll e-mail her pics and tell her what went on for the day. This will be my online Journal for the trip, I don't want to forget anything! 

  As for the name... my friend Wes called my trip "Tour de Fran" and it's stuck ever since! He's in Afghanistan right now, doing something a lot harder than this, so I wish him all the best, and a safe trip home in time for Christmas. I dedicate this first post to you Wes, for the name of my journey!!! 

  Welcome everyone, I'm no writer, but I hope that my Blog can give you a smile or two and some inspiration to GET OUT AND RIDE A BIKE!!!

  Changing the world, one bike at a time,
  Francesca 

Coming Soon:  We Like Bike 42

No comments:

Post a Comment